3 Wellington Villas with Red Frog
Wellington Villas was built in the late 1850’s in the same architectural
style as the other buildings on Bolton Road at the time.
In particular Wellington Barracks which stood further up Bolton road.
The barracks were completed in 1845 and stood there until they
were demolished in 1969. The barrack’s HQ still stands and has been
converted into a business complex. The proximity of Wellington Villas
to the Militia Barracks suggest the building was involved with the
barracks or the staff at some time and after some research we did
fine some reference to it being called ‘The Mess House’, hosting
some of the barrack’s officers. It was converted into the four
flats it is today in the 90’s.